Wednesday 15 May 2013

Game of Thrones Fashion Inspiration


Game of Thrones has become my TV obsession. I don't get much time to watch TV, so any show that I make time for has to be pretty amazing. I'm riveted by the storyline, I'm intrigued by the characters, and I'm captivated by the costumes.

Ever since I was a little girl, I've held a special place for garments and accessories with medieval, renaissance and baroque splendour. The detail and extravagance in the wardrobes of the lucky ladies of these times was breathtaking.

So once a week, while watching Games of Thrones with my glass of wine, I find myself thinking about how I could style a modern outfit with the essence of these fashion eras gone by. Or perhaps I could find someone who'll make a gorgeous Daenerys Targaryen inspired creation for me. Hmmm... decisions, decisions.

 
Images from the HBO TV series, Game of Thrones

No comments:

Post a Comment